Betway have signed a deal with esports heavyweights Invictus Gaming for upcoming Dota 2 competitions, including this month’s The International 2018.
The leading online bookmaker will have exclusive access to the team, and the deal will also see Invictus Gaming sport the Betway logo on their Dota 2 jerseys throughout the year-long sponsorship.
The deal marks Betway’s first venture into Dota 2 esports after previously announcing sponsorship of the upcoming CS:GO Major in September.
Invictus Gaming are an extremely well-regarded name in esports. As winners of The International in 2012, IG have attracted many high-profile players since its founding in 2011, including Xiao8, YYF and BurNIng.
Earlier this year, Betway announced five new esports sponsorships, including the CS:GO Pro League, the aforementioned CS:GO Major, as well as sponsoring the Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said: “We are delighted to seal this sponsorship deal with Invictus Gaming, which marks our entry into the DOTA 2 market.
“A strong brand with a rich history in esports, Invictus Gaming are one of the few teams to win the International, and we are extremely proud to bring them into the Betway family. After seeing incredible success in CSGO, we can’t wait to replicate our market leading content in DOTA 2 through this landmark partnership.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- GIGABYTE AORUS and G2 Esports Renew Partnership for a 4th Term
- IBM Enters Esports Arena with Activision Blizzard in New Multi-Year Deal as the Pr…
- Hisense Announces Global Partnership With Fnatic Esports Organization
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
(Image) Source: Press release