Betway have signed a deal with esports heavyweights Invictus Gaming for upcoming Dota 2 competitions, including this month’s The International 2018.
The leading online bookmaker will have exclusive access to the team, and the deal will also see Invictus Gaming sport the Betway logo on their Dota 2 jerseys throughout the year-long sponsorship.
The deal marks Betway’s first venture into Dota 2 esports after previously announcing sponsorship of the upcoming CS:GO Major in September.
Invictus Gaming are an extremely well-regarded name in esports. As winners of The International in 2012, IG have attracted many high-profile players since its founding in 2011, including Xiao8, YYF and BurNIng.
Earlier this year, Betway announced five new esports sponsorships, including the CS:GO Pro League, the aforementioned CS:GO Major, as well as sponsoring the Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said: “We are delighted to seal this sponsorship deal with Invictus Gaming, which marks our entry into the DOTA 2 market.
“A strong brand with a rich history in esports, Invictus Gaming are one of the few teams to win the International, and we are extremely proud to bring them into the Betway family. After seeing incredible success in CSGO, we can’t wait to replicate our market leading content in DOTA 2 through this landmark partnership.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- Bud Light to become Official Beer Sponsor of the Overwatch League
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
- Gillette and Twitch Announce the Gillette Gaming Alliance
- AOK Becomes Health Partner of Werder eSPORTS
(Image) Source: Press release