Betway have signed a deal with esports heavyweights Invictus Gaming for upcoming Dota 2 competitions, including this month’s The International 2018.
The leading online bookmaker will have exclusive access to the team, and the deal will also see Invictus Gaming sport the Betway logo on their Dota 2 jerseys throughout the year-long sponsorship.
The deal marks Betway’s first venture into Dota 2 esports after previously announcing sponsorship of the upcoming CS:GO Major in September.
Invictus Gaming are an extremely well-regarded name in esports. As winners of The International in 2012, IG have attracted many high-profile players since its founding in 2011, including Xiao8, YYF and BurNIng.
Earlier this year, Betway announced five new esports sponsorships, including the CS:GO Pro League, the aforementioned CS:GO Major, as well as sponsoring the Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said: “We are delighted to seal this sponsorship deal with Invictus Gaming, which marks our entry into the DOTA 2 market.
“A strong brand with a rich history in esports, Invictus Gaming are one of the few teams to win the International, and we are extremely proud to bring them into the Betway family. After seeing incredible success in CSGO, we can’t wait to replicate our market leading content in DOTA 2 through this landmark partnership.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- HyperX Named Official Peripheral Partner of Complexity Gaming
- Mercedes-Benz Becomes SK Gaming Partner: New Horizons For the Brand as It Invests …
- Telekom Announces Esports Tournament
- Champions Signs Multi-Year Partnership with Renegades
- Method and Corsair Announce New Partnership
- Alienware Continues Partnership with Team Liquid and Partners with Riot Games
- ESL and Intel Add Chicago Event to IEM Circuit, Doubling Viewership From IEM Oakla…
- Razer Partners with Williams Esports
- We Are Nations Announces Merchandise Deals with OpTic Gaming, Method and Blast Pro…
- World of Warcraft Guild Limit Partners with Global Specialty Health, Wellness and …
(Image) Source: Press release