Betway have signed a deal with esports heavyweights Invictus Gaming for upcoming Dota 2 competitions, including this month’s The International 2018.
The leading online bookmaker will have exclusive access to the team, and the deal will also see Invictus Gaming sport the Betway logo on their Dota 2 jerseys throughout the year-long sponsorship.
The deal marks Betway’s first venture into Dota 2 esports after previously announcing sponsorship of the upcoming CS:GO Major in September.
Invictus Gaming are an extremely well-regarded name in esports. As winners of The International in 2012, IG have attracted many high-profile players since its founding in 2011, including Xiao8, YYF and BurNIng.
Earlier this year, Betway announced five new esports sponsorships, including the CS:GO Pro League, the aforementioned CS:GO Major, as well as sponsoring the Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said: “We are delighted to seal this sponsorship deal with Invictus Gaming, which marks our entry into the DOTA 2 market.
“A strong brand with a rich history in esports, Invictus Gaming are one of the few teams to win the International, and we are extremely proud to bring them into the Betway family. After seeing incredible success in CSGO, we can’t wait to replicate our market leading content in DOTA 2 through this landmark partnership.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- Formula 1 Appoints New Balance As Presenting Partner Of F1 Esports
- Dorna Sports Partners with Lenovo for MotoGP eSport Championship
- OpTic Gaming Partners with Sansar on Revolutionary New Social Esports Experience i…
- Razer and Tribe Gaming Enter Content and Mobile Esports Partnership
- Billy Boy Becomes Official Partner of Unicorns of Love
- Streaming Platform Douyu Becomes a Partner of Paris Saint-Germain’s Esports …
- Warriors Gaming Squad Partners With NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming
- PSG eSports Signs One-Year Partnership with Monster Energy
- HyperX Sponsors Sports Academy Esports Center
- OpTiC Gaming Picks Up VKGAME Sponsorship Ahead of the International 8
(Image) Source: Press release