Betway have signed a deal with esports heavyweights Invictus Gaming for upcoming Dota 2 competitions, including this month’s The International 2018.
The leading online bookmaker will have exclusive access to the team, and the deal will also see Invictus Gaming sport the Betway logo on their Dota 2 jerseys throughout the year-long sponsorship.
The deal marks Betway’s first venture into Dota 2 esports after previously announcing sponsorship of the upcoming CS:GO Major in September.
Invictus Gaming are an extremely well-regarded name in esports. As winners of The International in 2012, IG have attracted many high-profile players since its founding in 2011, including Xiao8, YYF and BurNIng.
Earlier this year, Betway announced five new esports sponsorships, including the CS:GO Pro League, the aforementioned CS:GO Major, as well as sponsoring the Brazilian esports brand MIBR.
Betway’s Anthony Werkman said: “We are delighted to seal this sponsorship deal with Invictus Gaming, which marks our entry into the DOTA 2 market.
“A strong brand with a rich history in esports, Invictus Gaming are one of the few teams to win the International, and we are extremely proud to bring them into the Betway family. After seeing incredible success in CSGO, we can’t wait to replicate our market leading content in DOTA 2 through this landmark partnership.”
More esports sponsoring content:
- AT&T Taking Esports Strategy to New Heights with Cloud9 Agreement
- NBA 2K League Adds Raynor Gaming to Lineup of Partnerships
- Allied Esports and HyperX Extend Naming Rights Partnership to Europe
- Golden Guardians Partner with Madrinas Coffee
- Mercedes-Benz in Esports: Strong character – The G-Class at the ESL One in K…
- Betway Renews Partnership with ESL
- CLG and Newegg Announce Marketing Partnership
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces First-Ever Global Partnership for All ESL One Po…
- Magic Gaming Takes a Seat with GT Omega Racing Through New Partnership
- Australian Football Club Essendon Announces New Era as the Official Partner of Its…
(Image) Source: Press release