Battlefy and the Bundesliga are excited to announce the VBL International Series, the next major step by the Bundesliga in expanding it’s esports offerings worldwide. Featuring both online qualifiers and in-person events, the VBL International Series will be one of the biggest EA SPORTS FIFA competitions across the Americas and Asia.
The VBL International Series will kick-off in March 2020, with Regional Online Qualifier tournaments in 19 countries. (Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Mexico, the USA and Canada in the Americas, and Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, India, Brunei, the Philippines, Cambodia, Singapore, East Timor and Vietnam in Asia.)
The winners of these online qualifiers will go on to represent their region at the in-person VBL Continental Qualifiers in April 2020. There will be one major continental qualifier event in Asia and the Americas. All competitors in the VBL Continental Qualifiers will receive a football kit that represents an official Bundesliga club that they will continue to support throughout the May 2020 finals. The VBL International Finals will be held in Germany and will give competitors the opportunity to meet professional Bundesliga and professional VBL players, visit some Bundesliga clubs, and experience the most exciting football league in the world.
“Combining the online and offline world of football, the VBL International Series merges the passions of a new generation of gamers and Bundesliga fans around the world. This competition is yet another milestone in the Bundesliga’s success story of establishing a leading global eSports competition, an asset that further confirms the Bundesliga’s reputation as football’s innovation leader.” – Andreas Heyden, Executive Vice President, Digital Innovations at DFL Group.
The Bundesliga is partnering with Battlefy, the global platform for esports tournaments, to organize all VBL International Series regional qualifiers. Battlefy is a familiar platform in the global FIFA esports scene, making it ideal for coordinating the high number of participants and creating a spectacular experience across 21 countries. Events like the VBL International give players across the globe a chance to compete and show off their skills in a major open competitive series.
“Battlefy is thrilled to power the VBL International Series with the Bundesliga. The passion and pageantry of German football make it one of the most exciting leagues in the world. We could not be more excited to partner with them to bring this same excitement to esports.” — Yohan Sengamalay , General Manager of Business for Battlefy.
The VBL International Series represents a big step for the EA SPORTS FIFA esports scene and will surface some of the best players in the world. For more news and updates follow Battlefy on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
More esports business and marketing content:
- Mobalytics Raises $11.25M Series A to Build World’s Best Personal Gaming Ass…
- VISA And FACEIT Announce $450,000 Esports Program In Partnership With Gazprombank
- Enthusiast Gaming and G FUEL Forge Multi-Year Partnership
- FaZe Clan Reveals $40 Million Series A Details
- NBA 2K League Announces Panera Bread as First Restaurant Partner
- CORSAIR to Sponsor Rainbow Six Pro League for Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six S…
- DKB Becomes Main Partner of Prime League and Initiates First League of Legends Sch…
- Dallas Fuel Signs Frontier Communications as Presenting Sponsor for 2020 Esports S…
- Bit Fry Game Studios Secures $3.5 Million Investment from Game Venture Funds, BITK…
- eNASCAR iRacing Competition Refreshed By Coca-Cola Beginning in 2020
(Image) Source: Press release