The Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team has launched its own esports team to compete across multiple racing platforms and championships. The Swiss team has partnered with leading eSports organisation Veloce eSports to manage the new line-up, which will be called Alfa Romeo Sauber F1® eSports.
The team will first compete in the F1® eSports Series, with the Pro-Draft taking place in UK this week and the live show on Monday 9th July in London. It will then target championship success and global engagement across a number of online gaming tournaments.
Alfa Romeo Sauber’s esports team will train, compete and live stream in partnership with Veloce, whose HQ is in Central London. Gamers will compete on the leading racing titles, as well as the world’s highest grossing game, Fortnite.
Frédéric Vasseur, CEO and Team Principal Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team: “Esports is a great opportunity that opens up the F1 world to a wider target audience and young generation, who are the future of our sport. The esports drivers will benefit from our expertise in racing. Our team has a long tradition in scouting and growing young talent so this new challenge is a perfect fit for the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team.
Rupert Svendsen-Cook, Business Director Veloce: “We’re proud to partner with such an iconic team as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 team. The whole motor racing world is waking up to eSports and the multi-dimensional opportunities that it presents – it’s incredibly exciting times for us in this space.”
More esports business and marketing content:
- Beko to Sponsor League of Legends European Championship
- GFR Fund Opens New $20M Investment Fund for Tech Startups Disrupting Digital Media…
- Vivo Announces to Empower Gamers’ Conquest at PUBG MOBILE Club Open 2019 by …
- Comcast Spectacor and The Cordish Companies Announce $50 Million, Next-Generation …
- Audeze Partners With Esports Organization Echo Fox
- Singtel Powers Up Support for Gaming and Esports with SEA Games Sponsorship and Co…
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Significant Interest in Waveform Entertainment, a Leadi…
- Nissan Partners with Esports Teams FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris to Co-Host the Very First Dota 2 Major in France
- G-Loot Secures $25M in One of Europe’s Largest Ever Esports Investments
(Image) Source: Press release