The Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team has launched its own esports team to compete across multiple racing platforms and championships. The Swiss team has partnered with leading eSports organisation Veloce eSports to manage the new line-up, which will be called Alfa Romeo Sauber F1® eSports.
The team will first compete in the F1® eSports Series, with the Pro-Draft taking place in UK this week and the live show on Monday 9th July in London. It will then target championship success and global engagement across a number of online gaming tournaments.
Alfa Romeo Sauber’s esports team will train, compete and live stream in partnership with Veloce, whose HQ is in Central London. Gamers will compete on the leading racing titles, as well as the world’s highest grossing game, Fortnite.
Frédéric Vasseur, CEO and Team Principal Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team: “Esports is a great opportunity that opens up the F1 world to a wider target audience and young generation, who are the future of our sport. The esports drivers will benefit from our expertise in racing. Our team has a long tradition in scouting and growing young talent so this new challenge is a perfect fit for the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team.
Rupert Svendsen-Cook, Business Director Veloce: “We’re proud to partner with such an iconic team as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 team. The whole motor racing world is waking up to eSports and the multi-dimensional opportunities that it presents – it’s incredibly exciting times for us in this space.”
More esports business and marketing content:
- Formula 1 Appoints New Balance As Presenting Partner Of F1 Esports
- Dorna Sports Partners with Lenovo for MotoGP eSport Championship
- OpTic Gaming Partners with Sansar on Revolutionary New Social Esports Experience i…
- Razer and Tribe Gaming Enter Content and Mobile Esports Partnership
- Betway Enters Dota 2 Market, Sponsors Invictus Gaming
- 704Games Announces New Investment from Motorsport Network, Expands Esports Initiat…
- Billy Boy Becomes Official Partner of Unicorns of Love
- Streaming Platform Douyu Becomes a Partner of Paris Saint-Germain’s Esports …
- Warriors Gaming Squad Partners With NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming
- PSG eSports Signs One-Year Partnership with Monster Energy
(Image) Source: Press release